Monday, April 21, 2008

Irony

Today could have been a good day if not what happened on the MRT. I was on my way to the company. Since it's the peak hours, majority was standing and everybody was jockeying for position (for good spot and good air). It's not my style to push people (even in basketball games, you can ask my friends.hehe). Anyway, I was leaning on a standing rail/pole to ease some tension when I suddenly felt either a light punch or a tickle on my lower back. I don't know what that was. Before I turn my head, I made a quick decision. I was thinking if that "sensation" came from a guy, I'll definitely confront him. However, if it came from a girl, I might let go... By the way, I hoped the culprit was a girl.

When I turned, I was confronted with 2 ironies. First, The culprit was a girl (but looked like a guy); Second, she gave me a look with the intention to traumatize me. She probably thought that my lower back molested her fist. Are you kidding me?How could a lower back deflower a closed fist? Confronted with similar situations, there's not much you can do except to understand. Maybe her mother was so fond of eating dilis (small fish) during her pregnancy.

Here is a picture of dilis.

Anyway, since I'm kind, I decided to forget.

"To the good, I'm good; to the bad, I'm good. For kindness is a virtue." - Lao Tzu

No comments: