Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother's day

I went to Cartimar today to check out some pets as well as rubber shoes. I used to operate an aquarium in the past but that was prohibited by the family a few years ago. I really love seeing colorful aquariums filled with cute fishes and corals. I have this penchant for dogs and birds as well (probably because I was born on the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi).

After the pets, I went to check out the rubber shoes in the next street. I was on a store when I saw a guy (aged late 20's based on looks), accompanied by her mom, paying for the shoes he just bought. I presumed that the guy had some disability on his left leg, because he can't walk straight and that his mother was holding his walking cane.

Based on my superior eavesdropping capabilities, I heard that the mother and the salesladies were discussing about therapy of the guy. According to the mother, the guy had undergone a lot of therapy sessions in the past but nothing became successful because the guy won't follow the medications. The mother was smiling but you can notice the sadness in her eyes. Her eyes communicated something contrary to her smile.

I remember when I was still a kid, my mom would always accompany me whenever I want/need to buy a pair of shoes. Mothers don't get bored if the time is spent with the kids or the things to be purchased are for their littleones.

The guy not only didn't thank his mother, he even asked his mother to carry his walking cane as they exit the store. The mother is old, and already exhausted after buying the shoes. The minimum the he could have done was to hug/kiss his mom in front us.

A few days from now is Mothers' Day. To all the mothers in the world, I salute you! You work 24/7, not properly compensated and don't even complain.

Happy Mother's day to the best mother in the world, my mom! I love you mom!

No comments: