Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Buddhist monastery

Yesterday was my last day in SG. After the interview, I went straight to Bishan to visit the huge Buddhist Monastery. The hot weather did not discourage my desire to visit this grand temple place. As I walk around, I was asking myself why God did not send prophets to Buddhist countries like China or why Jesus our God did not/was not able to visit these countries? We already know that it is written in the Bible that we should love God above all. But how can people can love Him if they were not introduced to Him? It's not their fault to be born in non-Christian countries.
People may argue that all gods are the same, only their names are different. But historically, Buddha and Jesus were not one and the same. How do you reconcile that? Both existed in different times. It is also written that we should not create idols for worhip. However, if a person truly believes in his heart that the statue is his creator, can we fault him for worshipping it, especially if the creation of the statues is allowed by their religion? Assuming all things being equal, can we truly say that we are more Godly compare to a person who worhips a statue out of good faith, sanctioned by their church?
By the way, is understanding other faiths a sign of weakness in my own? Nobody can really tell.

No comments: